Tuesday, June 12, 2012

11 Years Late to an "Ending"

I finally finished a full read through of K.A. Applegate's Animorphs series. I have a final book to read, but I have read it multiple times before.

For those who don't know Animorphs, it is a very cute teen book about teenagers saving humanity from a secret alien invasion. It tries to be very light and full of moral quandaries. Definitely not at an adult "reading level", but I have adored(and enjoyed) the series since I started it years ago, possibly before it was even completed in 2001.

The stories were mostly written with hard themes hidden behind a light handling of them. It was sometimes difficult to read these simplistic stories.

As I have mentioned, setting is very important to me in a story and Applegate, and her many ghost writers, do a good job.

The last book of the numbered series, 54, takes everything to a new level. I would not call "The Beginning" a young teen book. It was rough emotionally to read. I can honestly say it was good and that the GIGANTIC cliff hanger ending was not terrible. I wish she would  reveal, or create and write, the rest of the story. But alas, its been ten plus years and nothing.
I mentioned in a previous blag post that endings don't always sit well with me. I wish this had ended differently but I very much enjoyed the entire series (60ish books all told). For anyone looking for a decent scifi-y fantasy should look into reading the Animorphs. The difficulty with this is finding the books. I have been half price books-ing it for half a decade or more to find all of the books. It was well worth the wait.

Please be extra forgiving with content and spelling in this blag post. It was composed on my"God" phone using Swype.

I should seriously get to sleep. Might be difficult with my brain working overtime thinking about this story. Work will be a tired affair in the morning. I promise I will get back to regular posting very soon.

Post-Publish Edit :: Spelling corrections. That darn Swype.....

No comments:

Post a Comment