Friday, July 27, 2012

Ender's Game Series Appetizer

I owe a huge thank you to my friends Ryan and Amanda for suggesting Orson Scott Card's epic fantasy, the "Ender's Game" novels. I was worried that I wouldn't enjoy the story as I cracked the spine on "Ender's Game". I read a telling introduction by Card himself, more here. I had also read some really good reviews and received some very high praise from my friends. Luckily for me, it was not difficult at all to fall in love with the world Card had created. There were some troubling (and extremely revealing) ideas/portrayals of humanity, however, the Sci-Fi presented a nice background for the ideas to blossom.


I just began the third novel "Xenocide". It hasn't gripped me yet as the prequels had, although I am hopeful. "Ender's Game" is a war time Sci-Fi set in the near future where the nations of Earth are united in a war against an alien race. "Speaker for the Dead" is based upon an encounter with a new alien race.

Both stories left me craving more, although I appreciated "Speaker" slightly more. Do not fret. This is not a recap or synopsis of any kind for the entries in the "Ender's Game" series. That is still coming. I just wanted to get a status out there; seems like it has been a while since my last post.

That's it for now, back to "Xenocide" for me before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment