Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Rebirth?

So clearly I am not very good at this whole blag thing. I made a bunch of posts and then silence for nearly a year(almost to the day). Quick(haha) update, including the biggest step thus far in my life, and then maybe some new stuff after the break.
So, August 10th 2012. It's now the waning moments of July 2013. What a crazy year. Truly. I hiked Havasupai Falls. Captained my first Ultimate Frisbee team(only 1 win but it was tons of fun). I moved from Arizona back to Texas for a new job; a software development job. And the biggest news, as if moving wasn't enough, is I am now engaged. After 6 years of dating, my beautiful significant other accepted my proposal under a beautiful full moon on a beach in South East Texas.

I know I promised some Havasupai pictures, I will grab the best one for you guys in the near future. the trip itself was outstanding. We were definitely not in good enough shape, but we enjoyed ourselves and survived.

Drafting and captaining Eve of DISCtruction(my Ultimate Frisbee team) was absolutely incredible. I loved every moment of it, and I am hoping that I find a good league here in Texas. We may not have won but one game, but we had the most fun and never had a negative night.

Deciding to leave the job in Phoenix was tough, especially since they offered me nearly a identical position in Phoenix. In the end, the deciding factor was my beautiful girlfriend's unhappiness. She was struggling being away from her family, and I decided that I would bet on her and the new job in Houston instead of staying in Phoenix.

The new job is pretty sweet. I am working for an oil and gas engineering firm doing software development for embedded controllers that protect some very expensive equipment.

That's the quick update.

Minor other happenings include some new-to-me Sandford and Crichton novels read, a re-read of the entire Harry Potter saga, Contact(a wonderful book much better than its awesome movie counter-part), and I am sure many others. The video gaming has died down a bit. The weight loss had been going fairly well until the past week or so. At one point I had a sustained weight 30 pounds less than last summer. Struggling a little right now, but hoping that i am on track to shed some more pounds and achieve 170.

Currently, I am less than 300 pages from finishing the entire Ender verse again. Once that is done I think I will read a few stragglers before diving into Donaldson's epic fantasy about Thomas Covenant, an anti-hero if there ever was one. I plan on reading all 9 books prior to the release of the conclusion in late mid October.

Speaking of Ender, the movie version is being released on the first of November, and I am experiencing the movie adaption of the amazing Sci-Fi. There are a few other huge movies being released in November, namely, the Thor sequel and The Hunger Games sequel.

I think I shall abandon this eclectic post now, relax a bit before bed, and start planning new blags. Later dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment